In the Compliance module, on the Archive Data page, you can enable and configure data archiving options for all enterprise data or a combination of managed users and spaces, to include or exclude bot messages. The archived data can be stored on Kore servers, or if desired, emailed as a report to one or more email addresses.
Why Archive Data?
Enterprise data, such as user information, space information, messages, bots, auditing events, and so forth are retained on Kore servers for the retention period that you define for your enterprise. Additional factors, such as eDiscovery and compliance holds can extend this period. But when all retention periods expire, data is deleted and no longer accessible from Kore servers. To manage the amount of data stored on Kore servers, you may want to archive your data.
The following illustration is an example of the Data Archive page in the Compliance module.
Enabling or Disabling Archiving
By default, data archiving is not enabled for an enterprise. To retain data past specified retention periods, you must archive your data.
To Enable Data Archiving
- In the Security module, on the Archive Data page, click Enable Archiving. The Archival Settings section is displayed.
- In the What would you like to archive? section, select one of:
- Entire (Managed) Enterprise Account - Data is archived for the entire enterprise account for managed users and spaces, including bots.
- Managed Users / Spaces - Select to specify the following for archiving:
- Managed Users - Select to only archive data for managed users, and optionally select if bot and bot message data for managed users should be archived as well.
- Managed Spaces - Select to only archive data for managed spaces, and optionally select if bot and bot message data for managed spaces should be archived as well.
- In the Archive output mode section, select one of the following types of data output:
- XML Format - Data is converted to XML and saved on Kore servers. To access archived data, contact Kore Support.
- Email Format - Data is saved as comma separated values and attached as a file to one or more specified email addresses. When selected, enter a comma-separated list of email addressed to send the data to.
- In the Schedule of archive job section, select one of the following archive periods:
- Every - Specify the archive job interval from 15min to 12hrs to begin the data archive.
- Daily - Specify the archive job time to begin the daily data archive.
- Weekly - Specify the archive job day of the week and time to begin the weekly data archive.
- Click Save to apply the settings.
The Archive Scheduled Details are saved message is displayed at the top of the page.
To Disable Data Archiving
- In the Security module, on the Archive Data page, click Disable Archiving.
- In the Confirm Disable Archiving dialog, click Disable Archive.
Warning: This operation is permanent and cannot be undone.
The Data Archive disabled message is displayed at the top of the page.
After you define your data archiving options, you may want to review your data retention details. For more information, see Managing Data Retention.