Modifying an eDiscovery search is a four-step process. This topic describes the steps required to modify an existing eDiscovery search for a space. You may have to refer to the links provided in some steps if you need more information. To modify an eDiscovery search for a space, you can:
- Modify the eDiscovery search name and optionally, enter or modify a description.
- Select or remove the space members to include in the search.
- Modify the search criteria for the space members included in the search.
- Specify in-place hold settings for messages included in the search.
To modify an existing eDiscovery search, complete the steps in the following procedure.
- On the eDiscovery page in the space Compliance module, on the Action bar, click the eDiscovery search that you want to modify in the Search Name column. The Edit eDiscovery Search - < My eDiscovery Search >dialog is displayed.
- In the Name & Description section:
- In the eDiscovery Search Name field, you can modify up to 60 characters for the name of the search.
- Optionally, in eDiscovery Description field, you can enter or modify up to 250 characters for the description of the search displayed on the eDiscovery page, and then click Next.
- In the Select Space Members section, to limit the search to specific space members, you can select or clear specific space members to include in the search, and then click Next.
- In the Set Search Criteria section, you can define criteria for message retention in the following three areas:
- Choose source(s)
- In the find-as-you-type Source(s) field, enter one or more space member names or click the icon to search for space members.
- In the Created Date (Posted/Sent) field, enter or select a start date and end date in the Start andEnd fields.
- Choose context
- To specify one or more rooms for message retention, select Rooms and then in the List of Roomsselection box, select one or more rooms, or Select All.
- To specify direct messages between one or more space members, select Direct Messages and then in the find-as-you-type Received From and Sent To fields, enter or using the icon, select one or more space member names.
- Choose from these additional criteria - Select one or more Message Content types, and then enter or select the additional criteria for message search from the following criteria:
- Text in Posts and/or Comments - To search for messages, select and then enter one or more keywords that must be contained in the message content. Only messages with any of the keywords specified are returned in search results.
- Video - Select to search for messages that contain video attachments.
- Audio - Select to search for messages that contain audio attachments.
- Photo - Select to search for messages that contain image attachments.
- Attachments - Select to search for messages with file attachments.
- Policies - Select to search for messages with message control policies.
- Choose source(s)
- In the In-Place Hold Settings section, you can:
- Clear Enable In-Place Hold to create an eDiscovery search to use as a query to show message results based on the users and search criteria specified, and then click Next.
- or -
- Select Enable In-Place Hold to, and then select Hold Indefinitely or specify the Hold for this time period field to specify the length of the litigation hold for the messages in the search result, and then click Next.
Note: In-place hold is not available if all user accounts are selected in the Select User Accounts section.
- Click Save eDiscovery. The eDiscovery search updated successfully message is displayed at the top of the page.
The eDiscovery search is saved and available to run for your space.