Complete the following procedure to modify an existing custom retention policy.
- In the Custom Retention Policies table on the Retention page, in the space Compliance module, in the Kore Space Admin Console, click a custom retention policy in the Rule Name column. The Edit Custom Retention Policy - < Policy Name > dialog is displayed.
- In the Enter Name & Description section:
- In the Policy Name field, you can modify the name of the custom retention policy .
- Optionally, in the Policy Description field, you can modify the description of the custom retention policy.
- In the Retention Time Period field, select one of the following values:
- Retain Forever - All Kore messages are retained forever.
- Retain for this time period - All Kore messages are retained for a time period that you define. The default Kore message retention time period is 365 days.
- If you selected Retain for this time period, enter a time period in days in the Enter a Retention Time Period in Days field. You can enter a maximum value of 36,500.
- Click Next.
- In the Set Retention Criteria section, you can modify criteria for message retention in the following three areas:
- Choose source(s)
- In the find-as-you-type Source(s) field, enter, modify, or remove one or more space member names or click the icon to search for space members.
- In the Created Date (Posted/Sent) field, enter, modify, or select a start date and end date in the Start and End fields.
- Choose context
- To specify one or more rooms for message retention, select Rooms and then in the List of Rooms selection box, select or modify one or more rooms, or Select All.
- To specify direct messages between one or more space members, select Direct Messages and then in the find-as-you-type Received From and Sent To fields, enter or modify space member names using the icon.
- Choose additional criteria - Modify one or more Message Content types, and then enter or select the additional criteria for message retention from the following criteria:
- Text in Posts and/or Comments - To retain messages, select and then enter one or more keywords that must be contained in the message content. Only messages with any of the keywords specified are retained.
- Video - Select to retain messages that contain video attachments.
- Audio - Select to retain messages that contain audio attachments.
- Photo - Select to retain messages that contain image attachments.
- Attachments - Select to retain messages with file attachments.
- Policies - Select to retain messages with message control policies.
- Choose source(s)
- Click Next. The Confirm Retention Time Period section is displayed.
- Select and accept the Kore conditions to modify the custom retention policy.
- Click Save Policy. The modified custom retention policy is applied to the messages filtered based on your search criteria.
The Saved the policy message is displayed at the top of the page.
After your define the source messages, you can specify keywords, names, and even content types, such as videos, photos, and so forth, to include, or be excluded from the custom retention policy.
The Confirm & Apply section is displayed in the following illustration. You must click to accept the terms displayed.