The default message retention policy applies to all messages on your space. You can create a custom retention policy to define the retention period for specific space members, message types, date ranges, space rooms, and so forth. A custom retention policy overrides a default retention policy. For more information, see Modify the Default Retention Period.
Complete the following procedure to create a custom retention policy for your space.
- In the Custom Retention Policies section on the Retention page, in the space Compliance module, in the Kore Space Admin Console, click Add New. The Define a Custom Retention Policy dialog is displayed.
- In the Enter Name & Description section:
- In the Policy Name field, enter the name of the custom retention policy.
- Optionally, in the Policy Description field, enter the description for your custom retention policy.
- In the Retention Time Period field, select one of the following values:
- Retain Forever - All Kore messages are retained forever.
- Retain for this time period - All Kore messages are retained for a time period that you define. The default Kore message retention time period is 365 days when retention is enabled.
- If you select Retain for this time period, enter the time period in days in the text entry field. The maximum value you can set is 36,500.
- Click Next.
- In the Set Retention Criteria section, you can define criteria for message retention in the following three areas:
- Choose source(s)
- In the find-as-you-type Source(s) field, enter one or more space member names or click the icon to search for space members.
- In the Created Date (Posted/Sent) field, enter or select a start date and end date in the Start and End fields.
- Choose context
- To specify one or more rooms for message retention, select Rooms and then in the List of Rooms selection box, select one or more rooms, or Select All.
- To specify direct messages between one or more space members, select Direct Messages and then in the find-as-you-type Received From and Sent To fields, enter or using the icon, select one or more space member names.
- Choose additional criteria - Select one or more Message Content types, and then enter or select the additional criteria for message retention from the following criteria:
- Text in Posts and/or Comments - To retain messages, select and then enter one or more keywords that must be contained in the message content. Only messages with any of the keywords specified are retained.
- Video - Select to retain messages that contain video attachments.
- Audio - Select to retain messages that contain audio attachments.
- Photo - Select to retain messages that contain image attachments.
- Attachments - Select to retain messages with file attachments.
- Policies - Select to retain messages with message control policies.
- Choose source(s)
- Click Save Policy. The Confirm Retention Time Period section is displayed. Select and then accept the Kore conditions to create the custom message retention policy.
The following illustration is an example of the Additional Criteria tab used to filter the results for the custom retention policy to only retain Kore messages with security policies assigned to the message.