You can create messaging rules to ensure and enforce usage of a specified message control template. This topic describes how you can create a message rule that applies between a user, and one or more other individual users. To create a messaging rule, you must have already created a message control template. For more information, see Creating Message Control Templates.
If you want to create a message rule between a user and one or more company distribution lists, see Create a Distribution List Messaging Rule.
- In the Message Control module, on the Messaging Rules page, on the Action bar, click Add New. The Create Rule page is displayed.
- In the Name your Rule field, enter the name of the rule displayed to the Kore user or group.
- Optionally, in the Describe your Rule field, enter a description of the rule.
- In the Recipient Type section, the default setting is User.
- In the Build Your rule section, in the Select Sender field, click the Add Sender icon to open the Select User(s) dialog.
- On the Users tab, select the message senders for the rule, and then click Done. For more information, see Selecting Users.
- In the Build Your Rule section, in the Select Recipient field, click the Add Recipient icon to open the Select User(s) dialog.
- On the Users, and Other Options tab, select the message recipients for the rule, and then click Done. For more information, see Selecting Users.
- In the Apply this Message Control Template drop-down list, select a message control template to apply the messaging rule to.
- In the Status field, optionally set the Status to Published to apply the messaging rule immediately after saving.
- Click Save Rule. If there are any conflicts in messaging rules between messaging rules for the current sender and recipient combination and the new messaging rule, the Conflict detected in Messaging Rules dialog is displayed. Otherwise, the messaging rule is saved and the list of messaging rules is displayed. For more information, see Resolve Sender-Recipient Conflicts.
By default, the messaging rule Status field is set to Unpublished and is not available in the system until the Status field is set to Published.