As an Enterprise Admin, you may want to create a new space for your domain. There are no restrictions on the number of spaces a managed user can create or own on an enterprise paid plan. This topic describes how to create a new managed space.
- In the Users & Spaces module, on the Managed Spaces tab on the Spaces page, click Add New. The Create a new Space dialog is displayed.
- On the Profile & Settings tab, in the Space Name field, enter the space name, for example, Space Documentation Team.
- Optionally, specify the following space settings:
- Space Description - Specify the space charter, for example, a description of the space, or how the space can be used in the domain.
- Space Owner - A read-only field that displays the space owner. By default, you are the space owner when adding a new space to your domain.
- Pick Color - Specify the background color to display on the space logo.
- Visibility - Specify if the space is visible to all members in the Kore company directory, or private where the space cannot be returned in search results.
- Request to Join - Enable or disables if non-space members can search for, and request join this space.
- Allow External Domain Users - Enable or disables if external users to your domain can be added to the space.
- Who can invite others - Specify one of the following options to enable inviting new users to join your space.
- All Members - Any active member of the space can invite new users to join.
- Only Admins & owners - Only a Space Admin or space owner can invite new users to join.
- Only owner - Only the space owner can invite new users to join.
- Who can create Rooms - Specify one of the following options to enable members to create rooms in the space.
- All Members - Any active member of the space can create new rooms.
- Only Admins & owners - Only a Space Admin or space owner can create new rooms.
- Only owner - Only the space owner can create new rooms.
- Click Next.
- On the Members tab, in the Members table, select one or more users that you want to add as a space member. For more information, see Selecting Users.
- Select one or more space members, and then in the drop-down list in the Member Role column, select Admin.
Note: At least one member of the space must be assigned the Space Admin role. The default space member role is Member.
- Click Save.
- In the Confirmation for Space Creation dialog, click OK.
The Create a new Space dialog is closed and the new space is available on the Managed Spaces page.