You can use this procedure to change an existing managed user in your domain to an unmanaged user, suspend a managed user, or if required, delete a managed user from your domain. When you delete a managed user, all Kore account information is permanently deleted. You can unmanage or suspend a managed user to maintain the Kore user in your domain without deleting the Kore account information.
Managed users cannot be unmanaged if the managed user account is defined within a message retention policy, an in-place hold, or eDiscovery search.
Note: If a managed user is a member of one or managed spaces, the managed user is removed from the managed spaces automatically when changed from a managed user to an unmanaged user.
To unmanage a managed user
- In the Users & Spaces module, on the Managed Users tab on the Users page, select one or more managed users to unmanage in your domain, and then click Unmanage in the Group Action drop-down list located on the Action toolbar.
- If any of the selected users cannot be unmanaged, the Managed Users | List of users NOT ready to unmanage section is displayed. In the Current Participation section, the reason the user cannot be unmanaged is displayed for reasons such as:
- Primary Master Admin - The user is the Primary Master Admin for the domain and cannot be unmanaged in that role. You must first transfer the Primary Master Admin to another user.
- On Retention Policy - The user is included in a message retention policy. To unmanaged this user, you must remove the user from the message retention policy. For more information, see Modify a Custom Retention Policy.
- On eDiscovery Search - The user is included in an eDiscovery Search. To unmanage this user, you must first remove the user from the eDiscovery search. For more information, see Modify an Existing eDiscovery Search.
- Account On Hold - The user is included in an eDiscovery Search with in-place hold defined. To unmanage this user, you must first remove the user from the eDiscovery search. For more information, see Modify an Existing eDiscovery Search.
- If all selected users can be unmanaged, on the Managed Users | Remove Managed Users page, in the Actions column, select one of Unmanage, Suspend, or Delete for each managed user, and then click Continue.
- In the Confirm Actions of Managed Users dialog, click Apply Actions. The Confirmation for Actions taken on Managed Users dialog is displayed.
- Click Close. The Managed Users tab is displayed.
The managed user action is applied to the specified users and they are no longer managed users in your domain.
After you select Unmanage, the List of Users who can only be Unmanaged is displayed as shown in the following illustration.