Modifying a message trace search is a three-step process. This topic describes the steps required to modify an existing message trace search. You may have to refer to the links provided in some steps if you need more information. To modify a message trace search, you can:
- Specify the message trace search name and optionally, a description.
- Select the users and groups to search.
- Set the search criteria for the users and groups to search.
To modify a message trace search, complete the steps in the following procedure.
- On the Message Trace page in the Compliance module, click the message trace search that you want to modify in the Search Name column. The Edit Message Trace Search - < Message Trace Search Name > dialog is displayed.
- In the Name & Description section:
- In the Message Trace Name field, you can modify up to 60 characters for the name of the search.
- Optionally, in Message Trace Description field, you can enter or modify up to 250 characters for the description of the search displayed on the Message Trace page, and then click Next.
- In the Select User Accounts section, you can limit the search to specific users or groups. You can:
- Select Any User Account to add any user to the message trace search, and then click Next.
- or -
- Select Select Users / Groups, and then on the Users tab or User Groups tab, select or remove specific users, specific groups of users, or user groups, and then click Next. For more information, see Selecting Users.
- In the Set Search Criteria section, on the Messages tab, modify which messages should be traced by selecting Include messages from / to people to trace messages sent to or from users. Select one of the following:
- Standard settings - Messages from all users sent or received are traced.
- Advanced settings - Select messages for specific Senders and/or Recipients are traced. Click the Add icon to open the Select who is sending/receiving the message dialog. Select the users that you want to trace messages for, and then click Done. For more information, see Selecting Users.
- In the Set Search Criteria section, on the Additional Criteria tab, you can modify the messages traced specified on the Messages tab based on the following criteria:
- Attachments (for example, Images, Videos, Files) - Select to include or exclude messages and/or posts with or without attachments. Otherwise, all messages and posts with attachments are traced.
- Message control policies - Select to include or exclude messages with or without message control policies. Otherwise, all messages and posts with message control policies are traced.
- Date Range - Select to include messages only during specified date range. Otherwise, all messages and posts for any date are traced.
- Keywords - Select to include only messages or posts that contain any of the specified keywords. Otherwise, all messages and posts are traced.
- Click Save Message Trace.
The message trace search is saved and available to run.