Complete the steps in the following procedure to create a new password policy for managed users in your domain.
If you are using Single Sign On, you must first disable Single Sign-On before you can create a password policy. For more information, see Enable or Disable Single Sign-On.
- In the Security module, on the Password Policy page, in the Select your desired options section, specify the following properties:
- Minimum Password Length - The minimum number of characters and letters for a password.
- Include Numeric Values - At least one numeric character is required in the password.
- Include Alphabets - At least one letter is required in the password.
- Enforce UPPER CASE Letters - When Include Alphabets is enabled, at least one upper case letter is required in the password.
- Enforce lower case Letters - When Include Alphabets is enabled, at least one lower case letter is required in the password.
- Include Special Character - At least one letter is required in the password.
- Optionally, in the Set password expiration policy section, enable a password expiration date between 1 and 365 days, and the number of days in advance that a user should be notified before the password expires.
- Optionally, in the Decide how this affects existing users section, you can enable if the password requirements apply to current managed users. By default, a new password policy only applies to new users.
- Click Save.
The Password rules are saved message is displayed at the top of the page.