In Bot Builder, each task contains a set of predefined error messages along with actions for standard HTTP Status codes returned for an HTTP Request method. In most cases, the default response and action is sufficient for an end-user response, however, you may need to handle other HTTP Status codes not defined by default, or customize the error message itself, or change the default response by Kore in the event of an error. This topic describes how to customize and create error messages for Kore tasks.
When you create a task, after you define the response object, the next step is to review, and if necessary, add or customize error messages for HTTP Status codes on the Error Messages page shown in the following illustration.
There are approximately 25 default HTTP Status codes defined by default for a task. To customize an HTTP Status code, open the task in Bot Builder, and then click Error Messages on the navigation menu to display the Error Messages page shown in the previous illustration.
In the Edit column, click the Edit icon for the code that you want to customize to open the Setup Error Message dialog shown in the following illustration.
In the Message Type field, select one of:
- Custom - Displays a Custom Message field used to define an error-specific message for the end-user.
- Source - Displays the Errors Path field from your Bot that you can define the JSON path in the JSON response payload for other than HTTP Status codes for successful messages in the 2XX range.
In the Action field, specify the action to take when the number of consecutive errors defined in the Error Recurrence field is reached. Select one of:
- Disable - The task is set to Inactive when the error occurs. The end-user can activate the task when needed.
- Reschedule - Displays the Retry Interval field used to define the elapsed time in minutes after which to retry the task when the error occurs.
- Disable Auth - When the error occurs, the authorization mechanism defined for the task is disabled. Any other task that uses the same authorization mechanism is also disabled.
- Notify - Displays the error message in the end-user interface.
In the Message field, enter the text message displayed to the end-user.
In the Error Recurrence field, specify the number of consecutive error codes must be returned before the action is executed. By default, the Error Recurrence field is set to " 1 ".
Click Add to save and close the Setup Error Message dialog for your custom error message.
To create a new HTTP Status code, click Add Status Code, define the fields for your new code as described in the preceding section, and then click Add.
Click Continue to open the Review page to review the configuration for your task before saving. For more information, see Reviewing an Action Task.